Monday, April 4, 2011

Warm Hands

How do I Live My Life I Wonder?
How do I Connect Fully with Others,
Without Hurting Myself Again?
How do I Balance My Energy, 
How do I Free Myself from This Pain?
Help Me Find a Place of Safety,
A Place of Warmth and Hearth,
Of Community, of Unity, 
Of Spirits Dancing, Singing, Laughing, 
Turning into Each Other 
And then Themselves.
Holding Each Other’s Hearts,
As the River of Each Moment Parts
Into the Greater Sea,
Becoming, Embracing, Stepping,
 Into the Unknown of Each Feeling.
Hoping to Find 
Warm Hands 
Waiting on the Other Side.
© Flora Lark Baily, 2011


River parting around rocks; photo by Tony Russell

1 comment:

jean sampson said...

Another good one from Flora! The third line really is important in this piece. I love that the rhyme works without being awkward as rhyme sometimes is. :) Good Job, Flora!