Monday, May 20, 2013

Music



Music is a melody of joy
That takes hold of me
And helps me to dance
The dance of wondrous song

Music is a comfort to me
When life seems overwhelming
And I can't seem to move on
But it gets me up and my feet move freely

Music is a stimulator for my soul
That pushes me to let it go
While I move my feet to go forth
To express my ancestors with pride

Music is a reminder of years gone by
When my feet could move all night
Without my breath seeming short
And my smile spreads all over me

Music consoles me when I feel down
And it comforts me to know I am cared about
While I may drop a few tears
But I know it will be fine

So, music always be there
As I walk this path
And push me to dance with ecstasy
And know I am blessed by You!

                             © Hilda Ward, 2013

Ashanti Akan Cultural Adowa Dance Group
Photo: Wikimedia Commons,  by Brendan


2 comments:

jean sampson said...

This poem is so "Hilda"----so full of energy and love for life! You go, Girl!

Anonymous said...

Love the line "and my smile spreads all over me.". That is what music does for me, too.