Sunday, October 13, 2013

Ode to the Mango


Oh, ecstasy of taste!

The sublime succulent
honey sweetness of
your sun kissed flesh
melts in my mouth,
while your fluid essence
drips down my chin,
fingers, and hands.

I’ve watched you for days,
noting the color changes 
of your skin: 
from hues of green
to yellows, golds, and then
faint pink maiden’s blush
takes on deeper embarrassed
shades of red,
while your hard interior
begins to yield to soft caresses.

Then, I know it is time.
You are mine to take
when I see the first fruit fly
explore and inhale
your fruity aroma.

© Diane Harner, 2013

Mangga gedong gincu
Photo by W. A. Djatmiko
on Wikimedia Commons

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Goodness, all the sensuality of a DH Lawrence poem but more delightful!

jean sampson said...

Thank goodness I have a mango ready to eat here! :) Delicious poem!