Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Resurrection

Mom says she knows the shape of my skull.
She didn’t notice the dent in its back 
When I was a baby; it must be new. 

She memorized me,
Me, come from her.
Her threads bursting
At the coming of me,
Making room. 

She used to stare at the freckle on the back of my arm 
When she didn’t want to go. 
Tethered by love to my irregularity,
She knows how my heartbeat sings. 

The Father memorized His Son
In the beginning.
In the beginning was the Word, 
And the Word came and lived on soil
And died on a hill called The Skull and lives. 

I want His coming to burst from me,
My heart tethered to His Came and His Coming,
Let it ring from the bursting of me, 
Me closer to His heartbeat, 
Memorizer of His ineffability,

Herald of His
Child of His


© Emily Brown, 2015

Altarpiece by Thomas Gatzemeier
Onolzheim, 2002
from Wikimedia Commons



1 comment:

jean said...

Wow, this is an ecstatic poem! So beautiful!