Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Sunglint Butterflies


The moment exists
and slips my grasp today
as it does on many

As present bliss is lost
in time that will not be detained
even if I resist the flow

An unseen force is moving
through me...and I question
if the current knows the stream, or
if consciousness can recognize
living as it seems

Is simple awareness reality
and living just a dream?

Or is the truth of Being
somewhere inbetween?

Human born, we are born to see
that balance is a mystery,
a cosmic dance...

Siva, getting down, getting on,
getting free!

Destined for more
than a meal and a mate,
we must daily choose our fate
and fell the power of the stream...
for we are carried, after all!

Yet, it's up to us to paddle
and not to drift, for ultimate
enlightenment

Sunglint butterflies scintillate their flight
upon the windrift soul of water
flowing over stone...

I'm on the bridge, above the stream...
again, the Sun is bursting
light and water over me!

© Gerry Sackett, 2019

Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons





No comments: