Monday, May 16, 2011

I Am the Woman

I am the woman who starves for love
And yet has no trouble giving it
I am the woman who loves to dance
And yet aches to find a place to do it
I am the woman who picks up the pen
But often feels it flows inadequately
I am the woman who appears to be altogether
But often wonders who she really is
I am the woman who feels part of the universe
But wants to fill up many souls
I am the woman who aches for comfort
But always will reach out to give it
I am the woman who laughs out loud often
But often wants to break down and cry
I am the woman who wants to feel full in her body
But wants it to keep her warm
I am the woman who writes many hours
But wants to be more contented
I am the woman who wakes up each day to say “Thank You”
But walks among you thanking each one she meets
Thank you for allowing me to be here on this earth
To touch, teach, and comfort you
So that I can be the woman who feels blessed
To be sharing her soul with you.
© 2011,  Hilda Ward

Early morning on the Rivanna; photo by Tony Russell

1 comment:

jean sampson said...

I am so glad I got to read this again----it is so honest and open and so ----YOU, Hilda!