Sunday, June 30, 2013

Wink in Time



Good company.

How I love music
That moves the tears in my heart
To my eyes!

I couldn’t do that if I tried!

And that is why 
I believe in the truth of feeling
Above the power to reason my way.

I wish I could cry every day--
And map the course of my tears
So when I feel lost
I could find my way clear,
To get back to my soul--

To that breakaway moment of unity,
Of certainty, whole.

I feel the edge of myself now
Like a curtain of light--
Satori is not so far away, 
Just a wink of that self-in-time--

I am, and you are, divine!

I want the company of those
Who stir up the river of tears I’ve stored
To flow and flood down all the years 
Unto the bliss
Of always.

© Gerry Sackett, 2013


Curtain of Light ~ Aurora over Haja
Photo by Frank Olsen, from Wikimedia Commons



1 comment:

Jean said...

A beautiful, touching poem!