Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I Will Get There

No one will stop my growth.
No one will hold me down.
Nothing will prevent my going on.
I will walk onward with head high.
I may turn in circles for a while
because there seem to be walls,
but I will find an opening.
I may seem to be going back
because a force is pulling me,
but I will stand still and wait,
to walk on alone and with pride.

No one and nothing will stop me.
So watch out for me,
I’m coming to full growth!
Put all the stumbling blocks 
you want to stop me.
I will look around and climb over,
with a few scratches on the journey,
but when I get there,
I will be glowing with completeness.

Nothing can stop me,
so get ready for me:
I will be there.


© Hilda Ward, 2015

Civil Rights march on Washington, D.C.; 1963
Photo by Warren K. Leffler
U.S. News &P World Report Photograph Collection
Library of Congress
from Wikimedia Commons

2 comments:

jean said...

Hilda, you NEVER disappoint! :) Lots of love to you! Keep on kicking ass! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful words. I'm proud to know Hilda.

Bill V.