Wednesday, December 23, 2020

A Christmas Poem

Take me, take me, home,

Wherever home may be,

Oh, take me.


Or toss me, toss me,

in the deep blue sea.

Just toss me.


Could I stand upon a mountain?

Could I look for the end of the sky?

Could I find the safest place

that could ever be?


I've been upon a mountain.

I've looked for the end of the sky.

I've seen that one safest place,

hold no poetry.


Let me, let me, tug

the string between you and me.

Yes, tug too,


so we know, we know,

the connection;

I am you as you are me.  


© Dennis Wright, 2020

A Christmas themed painting depicting
Peanuts character Snoopy and Woodstock on a window.
Photo by Noah Wulf
from Wikimedia Commons

2 comments:

Helen Kanevsky said...

What a perfect message!
Too bad I cannot hear this poem performed by the author.
Merry Christmas, Dennis!

Leo said...

A very good song, emotional and heartfelt.